Senior Electrical Engineer HV
Swindon – £50K - £60K per annum
This world class renewables business is one of the UK's leading renewable energy developers and operators, and is the UK subsidiary of specialist renewable energy company.
They develop, build and operate offshore wind farms along the coasts of several European countries. Their extensive project pipeline includes wind farms totalling over 4GW. Projects are constructed on a multi-contract basis with the business taking an active involvement in all engineering aspects.
Within the Wind Energy Offshore department is an international business unit with centres of excellence across UK and Europe. Project Engineers will work in the Offshore Electrical Engineering team which is involved in projects from the development stage through to design, construction and operation.
They are looking for a Senior or Electrical Engineer to undertake challenging and responsible role on our development projects based in UK head office or central Berkshire which is deemed by the project. Project location may vary from time to time.
- Project expert for electrical systems
- Support of our UK development projects with electrical system / component knowledge.
During the development phase a number of different wind farm layouts, platform concepts,
energy export and onshore substation solutions, cable systems and cable routes have to be
- Co-ordination of all work package specific tasks, external and within the business.
- Collaboration with development department and key stakeholder relationships (partners,
- Negotiate and proactive driving electrical solutions with suppliers
- Ensuring quality of the work package
- Managing and developing a team of electrical engineers and consultant subcontractors
- University degree or equivalent education in electrical power system engineering
- Experience in project management for energy, wind or gas and oil industry projects preferable
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, able to drive innovative and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively within a multicultural project
- Self-organized and independent working
- Good level of English verbal / written
- Strong coordination and leadership skills
- Willing to travel frequently
Switchgears GIS, AIS (MV, HV)
Transformers (dry, oil, water cooled for MV, HV)
On/Offshore cables (LV, MV, HV, fibre optical cables)
Establishing detailed specifications for related electrical equipment and services
Basic understanding of SCADA/HMI and Remote Control Systems
Design knowledge of offshore Wind Turbine Generators and Transformer Stations
Management of subcontractors incl. claim management
Candidates must be eligable to work in th UK
- Industry Sector:
- Energy & Renewables
- Microgeneration & Solar
- Sub Sector:
- Wind Farms
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
- Job Type:
Posted: 10 April 2012
This job is no longer available