Biomass Power Consultant
Brighton – £28K - £35K per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity an independent rapidly expanding and award winning Energy Consultancy firm specialising in the provision of technical and commercial advisory services for the projects both in the UK and Internationally.
They provides a diverse range of professional technical and environmental consultancy services to developers, investors and lenders for RE schemes utilising fuels ranging from clean biomass to waste by-products and residues.
The role will involve assisting the Technical Director of the Bio-Energy team in undertaking consultancy services principally in Biomass and Waste to Energy assignments.
The candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Genuine interest and drive in terms of transferring his/her knowledge/existing skill sets from a manufacturing/contracting environment and applying that knowledge in both technical advisory & business development roles;
- Knowledge of biomass boiler technologies including detailed design & engineering including boiler metallurgy, combustion principles and constraints/opportunities with using different solid biomass fuel types;
- Flexible/adaptable including assisting the Technical Director in workshops, presentations to assist with developing the Bio-Energy business;
- Ability to prepare professional reports including feasibility studies, technical specifications and Project contracts for Independently Financed Power Projects (IPPs)
- Good working knowledge in the biomass markets or strong drive to learn.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
The successful candidate will be a degree-qualified engineer in Mechanical Engineering / Thermal Power (2:1 or higher European equivalent) with a minimum of  years' of professional experience in a contracting or manufacturing role such as a Furnace/Boiler Equipment Manufacturer or EPC Contractor.
- Industry Sector:
- Energy & Renewables
- Power Generation
- Sub Sector:
- Thermal Power Generation
- £28000 - £35000 per annum
- Job Type:
Posted: 24 April 2012
This job is no longer available