Electrical Technical Director
Reading – £60K - £800K per annum
We are working with one of the largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services within the Built Environment. Offering the full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors this business has built itself a peerless reputation as an innovator and developer of design solutions.
Within the UK the Buildings team have worked on an unusually diverse range of award winning projects, across all market sectors including transport, infrastructure, defence, scientific, health, education, specialist property and energy. Increased workload from new project wins means they are continually looking to recruit the right calibre of person to get involved in their interesting and challenging projects.
This is a key role where the individual will be leading the Electrical function within the design group answering to the Business unit leader. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Chartered Engineer or Equivalent and member of the IET and/or CIBSE.
Technically strong in all aspects of electrical engineering systems with a wider understanding and knowledge of building services design
Responsibilities will include:
· Technical Leadership, Design and Project Management of single and multi disciplinary commissions.
· Project specific Tasks such as leading Technical reviews, reviewing technical delivery methods, providing design direction on complex projects.
· Managing Frameworks and single project appointments.
· Implement QAQC procedures to ensure production of high quality deliverables to agreed standards
· Contribute to planning of workload and meeting project delivery dates.
· Liaison with other M&E teams across the UK and when necessary support overseas projects.
· Liaise and interface with Global and Operational Sales to provide technical/operational support.
Training and Experience
· Customer focused and able to deliver high quality deliverables
· Lead Teams /Decision maker
· Able to work under pressure
· Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
· Significant experience in the design and design management of building services within building projects.
· Good awareness of low energy techniques used in buildings
· A specialist or particular interest in one or more aspects of building electrical services eg lighting
Training and Experience
Customer focused and able to deliver high quality deliverables
Able to work under pressure
Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
Other Desirable Attributes:
Ability to travel
Able to acquire security clearance
Good awareness of sustainable design techniques and technologies used in buildings
A specialist or particular interest in one or more aspects of building electrical services eg lighting
- Industry Sector:
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Built Environment
- Sub Sector:
- Electrical Engineering
- £60000 - £800000 per annum
- Job Type:
Posted: 25 April 2012
This job is no longer available