Berkshire – £28K - £40K per annum
We are working with one of the most successful and well known renewables businesses in Europe. They have developed and built major wind farms, power stations at utility scale and at local level. Working both on and offshore they have a pipeline of projects that underscores their future project schemes for many years to come
They are now looking to bring to their team an experienced GIS Analyst to help develop their portfolio of projects. This is a unique opportunity to work on a major large scale project that will give you job security in troubled times.
Key role responsibilities:
A/ Site finding and Wind farm Search
- Finding suitable sites for wind farm development using various methods such as Geoprocessing, Constraint mapping, and Visualization through paper or electronic maps using Arc Map, Arc reader, Arc publisher, Google earth.
- Creating 3D models
- MoD, Aviation and Telecommunication links consultation, Land registry search.
- Sourcing for information on wind farms and Managing the wind farm database
- Presentation of report either electronic or hard copy maps and accompany statistics.
- Data Conversion i.e. GPS Coordinates, CAD Data etc.
B/Data sourcing and Management
- Sourcing and collecting spatial and non spatial data from relevant organizations.
- GIS Data collation, verification, cleansing ,conversion and redistribution
- Data Management : receive, review, store and update both internal and external consultant provided data
- Management and upkeep of geographic information and associated metadata and attribute information:
- Maintenance of background mapping/data registers and licenses
- Liaising with client and consultants and coordinating data transfers
C/ Map Making
- Provision of maps, plans and drawings to support the development process and the submission of Planning Applications and Environmental Statements
- Authoring and publishing Customized maps with respects to various request such as public exhibition, presentation, company journals etc.
- Creation of various layout templates and workspaces.
D/ Data and Spatial Analysis
- Data conversion, integration and analysis
Additionally you will required to step into cover the GIS manager on relevant occasions
Naturally you should have a demonstrable track record within the use of GIS software and its application within the construction/utility/renewables or civils industry
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
- Industry Sector:
- Energy & Renewables
- Sub Sector:
- Off-shore wind
- £28000 - £40000 per annum
- Job Type:
Posted: 25 April 2012
This job is no longer available