Project Manager - HVLV Networks
North West England – £40K - £50K per annum
Our client is a specialist design & build contractor providing end-to-end delivery of HV & LV projects. Working on a range of projects in the utility, industrial and commercial sectors they are responsible for construction, inspection and maintenance of transmission and distribution networks from 415V to 132kV. We are currently working with their Projects team to recruit a Contracts Manager with a proven track record of successful delivery of substation new build / refurbishment works and new connections projects. Working on LV / HV projects (up to 11kv) you will be required to run multiple concurrent jobs and will ideally have experience of the ICP / NERS market, able to liaise with Developers, Builders & DNO's to ensure projects completed to spec, budget & programme. In return they can offer career exciting career path & opportunity to join a busy & expanding organisation with projects in the UK, Middle East & Continental Europe.
HV Contracts Manager to join team in NW to manage projects in the North West of England / N Wales / West Midlands, source new business and maintain financial controls.
· Oversee installation through to commissioning of HV plant & equipment for Private Network clients & DNOs.
· Undertake project reviews on a weekly basis against budgets.
· Organise any sub-contractors.
· Follow up and quote on variations to the project.
· Ensure safe systems of working are adhered to.
· Conduct full risk assessment of projects.
· Develop good customer relationships, prepare/negotiate tenders and manage project delivery & payments.
· Success will mean building working relationships with colleagues and customers.
Typical Projects - New Connections / LV & HV Networks:
· Power distribution and infrastructure
· Small power and lighting (including emergency lighting)
· Utility services and metered supplies
· Stand-by generation
· HV Installations
· Minimum HNC in electrical engineering
· Operational Authorisation as Senior Authorised or Authorised Person for System / Network operational roles would be of benefit but not essential
· Have a strong quality and customer satisfaction focus.
· Enjoy working within a team environment
· Have the ability to lead project teams
· Be service orientated and a clear communicator
· Be self motivated with the ability to see projects through to completion
- Industry Sector:
- Energy & Renewables
- Transmission & Distribution
- Sub Sector:
- HV & EHV T&D Networks
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
- Job Type:
Posted: 26 April 2012
This job is no longer available