Maintenance Manager - HV Electrical
Manchester – £35K - £48K per annum
We are currently recruiting for Electrical Maintenance Manager / Supervisor for specialist HV Contractor. Working within Private Networks team you will be required to manage all maintenance tasks within the private networks department, including managing routine maintenance tasks, emergency callouts, SAP attendances and minor installation tasks.
Ideally you will have background / appreciation of HV / LV systems (11kv - 33kv) to work on maintenance of HV/ LV networks for industrial / commercial buildings.
Our client is a specialist Contractor offering design, construction, operation and maintenance of electrical distribution systems for Electrical Power Infrastructure projects from 415V up to 132kV. We are currently recruiting for Electrical Maintenance Manager / Supervisor. The role involves the management of all maintenance tasks within the private networks department. Incorporated within the role are a varied range of tasks including managing routine maintenance tasks, emergency callouts, SAP attendances and minor installation tasks.
· Oversee maintenance & operation of HV / LV switchgear & transformers
· Compiling of the relevant task / project specific paperwork including risk assessments and method statements, technical reports and other assessments.
· Regular client interfacing and the interface with multiple clients as part of the working week, (including liaison with client / DNO to organise shutdowns)
· Ordering plant, materials & organizing site labour as required
· Safety and quality audits / inspections.
· Occasional sales support and regular interface with the sales team to receive handover of jobs, agree dates and allocate remedial quotes.
· Managing a team of engineers employed by the department when completing maintenance tasks.
· Managing the tasks included in the role from a commercial perspective to include invoicing, variations and understanding of commercial terms agreed by the sales team.
Background / Experience:
· Ideally you will have proven track record in HV maintenance
· Team management capabilities.
· Good IT skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task and have the ability to effectively manage own time and meet deadlines.
· Ability to take ownership and follow tasks through to completion.
· Excellent organisational skills & attention to detail.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Pro-active approach and a willingness to contribute new ideas.
· A flexible approach to working hours as there may be occasions whereby callouts occur out of normal working hours.
· Practical experience of working in a busy operational environment and an appreciation of the pressures of working in a "power critical" environment.
· A sound understanding of the processes involved in completing a routine maintenance task in a power engineering environment.
· Additionally would consider candidate from Electrical Building Services / Trade background - must already possess an initial understanding of HV maintenance
In return our client can offer career progression and attractive benefits package.
NB: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Industry Sector:
- Energy & Renewables
- Transmission & Distribution
- Sub Sector:
- HV & EHV T&D Networks
- £35000 - £48000 per annum
- Job Type:
Posted: 04 May 2012
This job is no longer available