HV SUBSTATION DESIGN ENGINEER
Essex – £0 - £0 per annum
This is an excellent career opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join a well established, consultancy organisation with decades of experience in the transmission and distribution sector that delivers an exciting and diverse project portfolio to a wide range of long standing customers.
They are looking to recruit Electrical Design Engineers to join their design team to support the design of electrical substations ranging from 11kV to 132kV, in the UK.
The role will require you to occasionally travel to client site locations across the UK with the occasional overnight stay. This therefore, requires that candidates can be flexible.
The clients are interested in receiving applications from experienced High Voltage Electrical Substation Design Engineers who possess the knowledge and experience in the following areas;
- Electrical substation design standards.
- Site equipment (Transformer, switchgear, circuit breakers etc) specification and procurement.
- Producing technical scope of works and specifications documentation
- Producing conceptual and detailed substation design in accordance with customer specifications.
- Protection design and co-ordination.
- Primary/Plant site layout and elevation design.
The candidate should also possess additional transmission and distribution technical experience, this would be advantageous for this role includes;
- Experience of fault protection and network modeling software such as ERACS, IPSA, DIgSILENT, DINNIS.
- Experience in carrying out earthing measurements and producing earthing designs using GROD or CDEGS.
- Experience of network planning.
- To design preparation against client requirements.
- To be able to Support senior engineers in delivering their projects and ensuring that work is delivered within time and budget.
- Supporting the operational staff, and answering technical queries.
-To provide support by liaising with internal and external clients to answer technical queries.
Rewards and Benefits
The working environment is relaxed and will give the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects within a very experienced and capable team. The Key package benefits include;
- Flexible and family friendly hours
- Market leading salaries
- Annual performance reviews
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Personal development and training plan
- Industry Sector:
- Energy & Renewables
- Transmission & Distribution
- Sub Sector:
- HV & EHV Substations
- £0 - £0 per annum
- Job Type:
Posted: 04 May 2012
This job is no longer available