SAP - WPD Network - Urgent Requirement
West Midlands – £45K - £55K per annum
Our client provides engineering expertise to the Electricity Distribution sector covering design, project management, asset management & commissioning services to a wide range of projects including; substation new build / refurbishment, OHL & HV cable replacement / new build and metering install / reading.
They are currently recruiting for Senior Authorised Person (11kv) to work on Network Repairs / Replacement works. Based in the West Midlands they are looking for candidates who are authorised on the WPD network, or have had previous authorisations on the netowrk.
Overseeing the final commissioning of a new site, or when working on an existing part of the network, this requires co-ordination of the safety aspects associated with the electrical system.
From undertaking the initial network analysis and agreeing the switching programme with the relevant control centre, to isolating and earthing the system to allow safety documents to be issued, and finally carrying out the return service
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Issue Permits to Work + Carry out and plan HV operations on the networks up to 33kV.
· Ensure that all work is carried out safely & in accordance with the relevant legislative codes & regulations governing HV plant & equipment.
· Switching up on both Low and High Voltage Systems on both Major Projects and Cable Diversions.
· Protection tests on switchgear relays.
· Plan outages and produce switching programmes and liaise with System Control.
· Make dead, isolate and earth high voltage electrical networks.
· Carry out high voltage testing and fault location & reenergise the network on completion.
· Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out at all stages of a project (design, planning, generic and Daily On Site) and ensure that all statutory records, certificates, licenses, notifications and notices are in place.
· Assess safeties/site in advance and conduct necessary preliminary work.
Background & Experience:
· Technically qualified with a HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
· Senior Authorised / Authorised Person accreditation for HV networks with DNO - ideally UKPN / EDF accreditations.
· Sound knowledge of Distribution Safety Rules and their application.
· Knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Industry Sector:
- Energy & Renewables
- Transmission & Distribution
- Sub Sector:
- HV & EHV Substations
- £45000 - £55000 per annum
- Job Type:
Posted: 11 May 2012
This job is no longer available