ELectrical EngineerProject Engineer
Croydon – £40K - £55K per annum
My client is a leading EHV consultancy who specialise in working across Europe partnering utility companies in Major projects up to 400kv. The company specialise in Engineering Design, International Construction and EHV Project Management.
Due to major projects coming on across the South East & South West of England they require and experienced Electrical Engineer/Project Engineers to work on specialist EHV Substation projects immediately.
Candidates MUST have experience working on major HV/EHV substation projects within the UK, candidates will need to show a proven track record of working in the industry through manufactures, consultancy's or contractors within the HV/EHV market. You will be required to develop substations layout solutions and prepare substation feasibility reports.
Detailed knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas is essential: -
- Preparation of technical specifications for electrical equipment (400/132kV equipment) such as:
- Gas Insulated Switchgear
- Air Insulated Switchgear
- Circuit Breakers
- Earthing Switch
- Surge Arrestors
- Current Transformers
- Voltage Transformers
- Substation Busbar Arrangements
- High Voltage Power Cables
- Overhead Line Structures within substation
- Calculation of Mechanical Forces on equipment
- Layout design of HV Substations up to 400kV
- Selection of Electrical Equipment and their Rating
- Preparation of Bill of Materials for busbars, connectors, clamps, earthing materials, steel structures, cables, etc
- Interface and coordination design
- Interfacing and co-ordination with other Disciplines
- Familiarity with NGTS or International Standards
- Familiarity with protection, control, OHL and telecommunications systems would be an advantage
- Low and high voltage cable sizing calculations
- Earthing system design using CDEGS software
- Use of Microsoft office packages
- Preparation of Installation Method Statements in conjunction with equipment and client specifications and health and safety requirements, for the site works
- Full clean UK driving license
- Expected to travel within the UK.
If successful in this role you will gain the opportunity to work with one of the world's leading HV/EHV consultancy's, with this candidates will be given the chance to improve their skills while working on major and diverse substation projects within the UK and Abroad.
The company is offering an extremely competitive salary for the role, which will include an excellent benefits package to match.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
EHV, HV, 400kv, 132kv, Substations, Electrical, HV Electrical, Engineer, Power, Transmission, Distribution, switchgear
- Industry Sector:
- Energy & Renewables
- Transmission & Distribution
- Sub Sector:
- HV & EHV Substations
- £40000 - £55000 per annum
- Job Type:
Posted: 29 May 2012
This job is no longer available