Construction Manager - Wind Farms
Merseyside – £400 - £550 per day
A great opportunity has arisen for a Construction Manager to work for one of the UK's leading renewable energy developers and operators.
The company effectively builds, develops and operates offshore wind farms along the coasts of several European countries. The company have a project pipeline, which is quite extensive that includes wind farms totalling over 4GW, which are constructed on a multi-contract basis taking an active involvement in all engineering aspects.
The right candidate will be working on a major development of the NW coast. The right candidate will be working within a small team and playing an integral role in ensuring the construction site runs smoothly.
· You will be managing the onshore / offshore installation of foundations, turbines, 132/33kV Substation and Inter-turbine Cables through the project PTW system and offshore access controls with the primary focus being Health and Safety.
· The prospect will be giving support to the Client Offshore Representatives, Lift Supervisors and Contractor Site Supervisors in the execution of their roles
· You will manage the site induction process for all companies and operatives working on site.
· Ensure you vet all Risk Assessments / Method Statements (RAMS) subsequent to approving them. The prospect will also demonstrate an understanding in detail of the onshore / offshore construction works for a wind farm, and possess the ability to adapt and modify RAMS.
· Ensure you provide project management reports for it to be included in the monthly project report.
· You will instruct the Contractor to stop the works for immediate health and safety and protection of environment reasons.
· The prospect should immediately identify and notify on any issue that may arise or have the potential to arise during the course of the works and shall provide assistance in resolving any issues.
(NOTE: Instructions to stop the Works for any other matter must first be discussed with Senior Site Managers and the resulting directions followed. Only where a very definite breach of the specification or Contract occurs can the Works be stopped)
Knowledge and Skills:
· Several years of professional experience in a similar role
· Have construction knowledge in the offshore and wind power area or harbour and coastal waters construction
·Previous experience of:
· Work preparation
· Work sequence planning
· Health and safety at work
· Quality management
· Environmental management
· Strong Computer skills: MS office applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
· Fluent spoken and written English
· Be able to work effectively within a team
· Willingness to work offshore (transfer by ship and helicopter, working at sea for several weeks)
- Industry Sector:
- Energy & Renewables
- Sub Sector:
- Off-shore wind
- £400 - £550 per day
- Job Type:
Posted: 08 August 2012
This job is no longer available